Sciences Po was established in 1872, and today is known as a very prestigious French university that specializes in the social sciences, especially in Economics, Sociology, Political Science and History. Almost half of Sciences Po's 13,000 students come from outside of France. The Sciences Po undergraduate student exchange program is designed primarily for upper division students who are majoring in a social science discipline. However, all upper division undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, applicants should be aware that changes to academic calendars may occur with little or no notice. Students are encouraged to either wait to book travel or book travel that allows for changes with no financial penalty.
Applicants should also be aware that processing of visas may be impacted or halted by specific countries. Failure to secure the necessary visa may result in inability to participate in this program.
Participants on this program may be required to self-quarantine prior to the start of their program for a specified period of time. Students are responsible for arranging (logistics and financial) their travel appropriately to ensure self-quarantine is completed prior to the start of the program.
Sciences Po has a central campus in Paris as well as six regional campuses with each campus specializing in the study of a different region of the world. The UM-Sciences Po program is primarily with the Euro-American campus in Reims; however, qualified students are eligible to attend any campus:
- Paris: Central campus, general program; program taught in French, but English classes available for a full courseload. Intensive French language study available.
- Reims: The Euro-American & Euro-Africa campus; program taught in English, with intensive French language study available. Language classes available in Arabic, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish and Swahili (must have had some previous study).
- Nancy: The Franco-German European campus; program taught in French, with courses available in English and German. Language classes available in French, German, Spanish, Swedish and Russian (must have had some previous study).
- Dijon: The Central & Eastern European campus; program taught in French, with courses available in English. Intensive French study available. Language classes available in Czech, Italian, German, Hungarian, Polish, Spanish, Romanian and Russian (must have had some previous study).
- Menton: The Middle Eastern & Mediterranean campus; program taught in French and English, with intensive French study available. Language classes available in Arabic, Italian, Hebrew, Spanish and Turkish (must have had some previous study).
- Poitiers:The Euro-Latino campus; program taught in French, courses available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Le Havre: The Euro-Asia campus; program taught in English, with intensive French language study available. Language classes available in Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Hindi and Indonesian (must have had some previous study).
Reims is a medieval city best known for its cathedral, which until recently was the traditional venue for the coronation of France’s kings. Reims is also well known as the largest city and capital of the Champagne region. The city is a forty-five minute train ride from Paris, and there are trains connecting Paris and Reims throughout the day, with special discount fares for students. The Euro-American campus was inaugurated in 2010 at the site of a restored 17th century Jesuit college and observatory. The campus is located in the middle of the city; although the college does not have housing facilities, it is surrounded by apartment buildings, some of which have special rental arrangements for Sciences Po students.
All exchange students are expected to enroll in a French language class while studying at Sciences Po.
Any intellectual property (IP) created solely by one or several students shall be protected by the laws of the country in which it was created.
Room and Board:
The housing service at Sciences Po provides assistance to students on all seven campuses by posting listings for a range of housing options, and advising on the rental process in France.
Spring: Mid-January to mid-May
Fall: Late August to mid-December
Classes available at the Paris campus can be viewed here.
- Social Sciences
- Political Science
||Sciences Po Grade
||16 - 20 tres bien
||14 - 15.9 bien
||12 - 13.9 assez bien
||10 - 11.9 passable
||8 - 9.9
||0 - 7.9
1 ECTS credit=0.5 UM credit
1 Sciences Po Credit= 0.5 UM credit
<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" mozallowfullscreen="" src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/127072866" webkitallowfullscreen="" width="640"></iframe>
Sciences Po Exchange Programme in Reims from Pôle Audiovisuel Sciences Po on Vimeo.
If you have questions about attending this UM Partner Program, please contact Jess Driemeier for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.