Students who participate in a University of Miami study abroad program may be eligible to compete for a stipend to help defray costs associated with studying abroad. Students must apply to their program of interest prior to initiating the Study Abroad Stipend application.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Be a currently enrolled University of Miami degree-seeking undergraduate student
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Demonstrate financial need
- Submit a complete application to participate in a Study Abroad program, including all supporting documentation, by the published program application deadline.
- Be accepted to an undergraduate credit-bearing program offered by the Study Abroad Office
- Submit this Study Abroad Stipend application by the stipend application deadline date.
Funds are limited, and these are competitive stipends. Awards will be made on the basis of financial need, a personal statement, and estimated expenses overseas must be submitted on a provided budget sheet.
Stipend applications will only be accepted for those students who have applied and been accepted to a program sponsored by the Study Abroad office. Students traveling abroad on a non-UM program and/or on a departmental trip are not eligible for this stipend.
- Notification of the scholarship award is generally not made until mid-May for Summer/Fall applicants and mid-December for Spring applicants at the earliest.