Year (Aug. to May),
Year (Jan. to Dec.)
|Restrictions:||UM applicants only|
|App. Deadline, Spring:||November 15th||App. Deadline, Fall:||April 15th|
|App. Deadline, Summer:||April 15th|
Students who participate in a University of Miami study abroad program may be eligible to compete for a stipend to help defray costs associated with studying abroad.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Be a currently enrolled University of Miami degree-seeking undergraduate student
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Demonstrate financial need
- Submit a complete application to participate in a Study Abroad program, including all supporting documentation, by the published program application deadline.
- Be accepted to an undergraduate credit-bearing program offered by the Study Abroad Office
- Submit this International Education and Exchange Programs Study Abroad Stipend application by the stipend application deadline date.
Funds are limited, and these are competitive stipends. Awards will be made on the basis of financial need, a personal statement, and estimated expenses overseas.
Stipend applications will only be accepted for those students who have applied and been accepted to a program sponsored by the Study Abroad office. Students traveling abroad on a non-UM program and/or on a departmental trip are not eligible for this stipend.
- Notification of the scholarship award is generally not made until mid-May for Summer/Fall applicants and mid-December for Spring applicants at the earliest.
Requests for late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis, at the discretion of the Study Abroad Office, and are not guaranteed approval. All requests to submit a late application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org including a statement as to why you failed to submit the application by the deadline date. Late application requests will only be considered if made within one week of the deadline. Note that awarding priority will be given to students whose application is received by the deadline date. If accepted, late applications will be awarded on a funds-available basis and only if the student is deemed eligible for a stipend.