Monash University is a prestigious Australian University with campuses in Australia, South Africa, Malaysia, and Italy. Students may elect to study at Monash University's Malaysia branch campus which is located in Bandar Sunway about 15 miles from downtown Kuala Lumpur. Bandar Sunway is a prosperous self-contained suburb with extensive accommodation, transport, shopping, health and recreational facilities, including ice skating at the Sunway Pyramid mall and the new Ministry of Sound Euphoria entertainment center at the Sunway Lagoon Resort. At Monash Malaysia, students can easily travel to Kuala Lumpur to experience an amazing variety of architecture, festivals, food, music, art and fashion.
To find out more about student life at Monash, go to Monash Malaysia's Living in Bandar Sunway Website.
Click here to watch a video about student experiences at Monash Malaysia.
Top 5 reasons to study at Monash Malaysia:
- Food-We are huge on our food culture. Malaysia is one of those countries where if you find yourself hungry at 3am in the morning, there are bound to be places still open for service! We often describe ourselves as a ‘big melting pot’, and our delicious food reflects the multi-ethnic makeup of our population.
- Accessibility-You will find it easy to use our public transport network system to get around town. Otherwise, there are ride sharing apps which you can rely on. Apart from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, there is also the Subang Skypark Terminal to get you in and out of the country!
- Affordability-Cost of living in Malaysia are comparatively much lower than that of Western countries and Japan. On a reasonable budget, you can cover your living and entertainment costs and have money spare to travel.
- Weather-Malaysia enjoys tropical weather all year round where it is hot and humid, interspersed with tropical rain showers. The climate is very pleasant and the weather is characterized by warm sunny days and slightly cooler nights, making Malaysia a great place to live.
- Stunning landscapes-You will fall in love with our beaches, rainforests, islands and natural monuments. We are also home to four UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Whatever you fancy, there is something to keep you occupied every week!
Due to the continued impact of COVID-19, applicants should be aware that changes to academic calendars may occur with little or no notice. Students are encouraged to either wait to book travel or book travel that allows for changes with no financial penalty.
Applicants should also be aware that processing of visas may be impacted or halted by specific countries. Failure to secure the necessary visa may result in inability to participate in this program.
Participants on this program may be required to self-quarantine prior to the start of their program for a specified period of time. Students are responsible for arranging (logistics and financial) their travel appropriately to ensure self-quarantine is completed prior to the start of the program.
|Monash Mark||UM Grade|
6 Monash Credit Points (typically one class) = 4 UM Credits
Searching for Classes at Monash Malaysia:
To learn more about study options for exchange students at Monash Malaysia, visit the Monash Malaysia Study Options Website. To search for specific classes, which are referred to as "Units" at Monash, feel free to access the Monash University Academic Handbook. While on the Academic Handbook page, click "Units - (corresponding year)" on the left sidebar. Once you've done that, click "search" under the menu that appears. When searching for units (classes), be sure select "Malaysia (Sunway)" under the "Campus" search field.
Monash Malaysia provides students with on-campus accommodations. You can find more information regarding options and rates at the Monash Malaysia Accommodation Website.
The academic calendar is the inverse of what students are accustomed to at the University of Miami. The academic year at the Monash University Malaysia runs from February to November.
Semester One: Mid-February to late-June (correlates with UM spring semester)
Semester Two: Mid-July to late-November (correlates with UM fall semester)